The Reds had a different attack from their win against Fulham. Luis Diaz was the only player who remained, and he was joined by the returning Mohamed Salah and Darwin Nunez, with support from Curtis Jones, Alexis Mac Allister, and Dominik Szoboszlai, who were all recalled. Despite dominating the early exchanges, Liverpool went behind just before the half-hour mark after Jarrad Branthwaite finished off a scrappy goal for Everton from a scramble in the box.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin compounded Liverpool’s miseries just before the hour-mark after he doubled the lead for the Toffees with a header in the box. Jurgen Klopp’s men remained in second spot on the table, three points behind leaders Arsenal and only one point ahead of third-placed Manchester City, who have two games in hand. Man United had two changes from their FA Cup penalty shootout win over Coventry City, as Scott McTominay was reserved and replaced by Christian Eriksen, and Antony took the place of Marcus Rashford.

Sheffield had a shock lead ten minutes before the break courtesy of Jayden Bogle, who scored from a mistake at the back by United. Harry Maguire levelled matters for the Red Devils just before the break from a header. Ben Brereton Diaz restored the lead for the Blades early in the second stanza and Erik ten Hag’s charges equalised again on the hour-mark from a penalty converted by Bruno Fernandes.

Fernandes sent the Red Devils ahead with nine minutes remaining and got his brace after a rocket from range, and Rasmus Hojlund put the result beyond doubt five minutes before time. After a goalless first stanza, Jean-Philippe Mateta eventually broke the deadlock for Palace ten minutes from the break. Mateta secured the maximum points for the Eagles with the second goal two minutes before time.

Antoine Semenyo broke the deadlock for Bournemouth towards the interval. Nelson Semedo found the back of the net for Wolves on 65 minutes, but the goal was disallowed by the Video Assistant Referee (VAR) for a foul in the build-up. The Cherries were reduced to ten men with 11 minutes to go after Milos Kerkez was red-carded for a dangerous play.

Max Kilman thought he had salvaged a point for Wolves after scoring in added time, but the goal was chalked off for offside by the VAR.

By admin

Related Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *